The final weeks of the 2015-2016 school year at Valley Catholic were filled with community-bonding activities, celebrations of student, faculty and staff accomplishments, and more smiles, hugs and tears than fill the entire year. Our campus communications team was hard at work capturing every bit of it: in words, photos and video.
One of the highlights was the first Valley Catholic Senior Walk of Honor. Members of the Class of 2016 put on their graduation gowns and walked from the high school to the SSMO Motherhouse where they received a blessing from the Sisters, to Maryville where they exchanged high-fives with residents, to the Valley Catholic Elementary and Middle School building where they were greeted with cheers and applause, and finally back to the high school where students from our Valley Catholic Early Learning School greeted them with smiles and special signs. We believe the Senior Walk of Honor will become a treasured tradition on our campus.
At this year’s Class Day Assembly, State Rep. Margaret Doherty and Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue Chief Mike Duyck presented honors cords to the 42 Valley Catholic High School seniors who, five years ago, were part of the first Valley Catholic Middle School class to learn and teach hands-only CPR.
We joined the Valley Catholic faculty and staff in celebrating Valley Catholic High School Principal Ross Thomas and Admissions Director Claudia Thomas, who retired after a combined 27 years of service; Valley Catholic Elementary School Principal Joe Manning, who is returning to his home parish as principal of St. Joseph’s Catholic School in Vancouver; and the recipients of this year’s SSMO Spirit Awards, VCHS Teacher and Counselor Kelsey Manning, VCHS Teacher and Coach Tommy Manning and VCES Administrative Assistant Jessica Willison ’98.
We are pleased to provide links to a variety of stories and media. It includes coverage of the middle and high school graduation ceremonies, where we celebrated the growth and academic success of 177 Valiant students.
- Commencement 2016: a day to remember
- Fr. Henderson to VCMS graduates: ask, seek, knock
- VCS celebrates the end of the school year
- VCES year-end Mass, farewell to Joe Manning and Spirit Award assembly
- Valley Catholic hosts an appreciation luncheon for Ross and Claudia Thomas
- Valiant honors on Class Day 2016
- Class Day 2016: new red-and-white honors cords represent lifesaving skills
- Two ’16 VCHS graduates play on winning OSAA 4A All-Star Baseball team
- VCES Variety Show presents a multitude of talented students
Flickr Photo Albums:
- Class Day 2016: New red-and-white honors cords represent life-saving skills
- Class Day 2016
- Eighth Grade Graduation Mass & Ceremony
- Eighth Grade Graduation Individual & Class Portraits
- VCHS 2016 Commencement Procession
- VCHS 2016 Commencement Candids
- VCHS 2016 Commencement Portraits
- VCHS Powderpuff Football Game
- VCMS Cultural Fairs
- VCES Field Day 2016
- VCES Variety Show 2016
- Ross and Claudia Thomas Appreciation Luncheon